Common Questions

Do you have time to talk about my case outside of normal business hours? 

Answer: Ashley is always available to meet and talk outside of the traditional 9-5 work week. Call or email when it is convenient for you and Ashley will provide you with prompt assistance.

Do I have to attend every court date in my criminal case?

Answer: Yes, you are expected to attend every court date that your case is scheduled. However, if you have steady employment, or family obligations, your attorney can request that your presence in court be waived, thereby excusing your presence for the hearing.

What happens if Court is canceled due to snow on a day my case is scheduled?

Answer: Court is rarely canceled for snow emergencies, but when it happens, you are expected to report to Court the next business day following the canceled day. If you are concerned court may be closed or delayed on your scheduled court date you should contact your attorney, and/or check the website.

I was injured at work and I’m receiving workers compensation (“comp”), but I do not think it is enough to compensate for what happened to me, do I have any other options? 

Answer: Worker’s comp often does not provide enough assistance for you and your family to manage after a serious workplace accident. There are often other parties, besides your employer, who contributed to your accident, such as the landowner, property manager, or sub-contractor. While receiving workers comp bars you from suing your employer, these other entities may be sued for their negligence to recover damages for your person injuries, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and loss of consortium. Call McCormack Law today to see what your options may be.

I am charged with a crime and the person I am alleged to have injured wants to “drop the charges” or “does not want to press charges,” will my case be dismissed?

Answer: Alleged victims do not control whether cases are prosecuted or dismissed. While the prosecutor is likely to consider the wishes of an alleged victim, it is the government and not an alleged victim who controls the case. Cases may be proven without the assistance of an alleged victim, such as through the use of a 9-1-1 call, medical records, or admissions given to the police at the scene or at the station. You should retain experienced counsel to defend your interests even if the alleged victim wants to “drop the charges.”

What forms of payment do you accept?

McCormack law accepts cash, bank checks, Visa, and Mastercard.

McCormack Law logo white

Get in touch with us today to get started with your FREE case review. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.